Saturday, July 10, 2010

LeBron James...not impressed

Ok, so Lebron thinks he's so cool that he's got to go on National Television to say which team he's going to play for......WOW.... I think this guy might just have a problem with pride. Why not just say, "I picked the Miami Heat."? I dont think that's enough for him though. The people that liked him before (like me), probably have different feelings for him now. Yea, he probably made a ton of money off of it, but that's just another one of his things...he's greedy for the money.

Here's what God has to say about pride:

"A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor." -Proverbs 29:23

God wants us to rejoice in our achievements, but not so much so that it brings you into the full picture instead of God.

Next time, when you do something amazing, try saying, "God helped me do that..." or "Thank you God for helping me do that!" Or, as they say it at my church, say instead of "yay me!" say "yay God!"

6 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not very far in the Bible and I didn't hear that...BUT I do think it is greedy of him. I think that advice is very Godly and I do think you are a very talented writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the stuck up snob was Kobi. I love the verse and it accompanies your message well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough when we see athletes we admire letting fame go to their head. Always a great reminder for me, though, to check my own attitude.

    VERY well-written post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, that's just with Disney celebs too. Gosh, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez...what happened to Lindsay Lohan?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like! I'm open to praise, and correction as well.